For the school Public Speaking Competition, you are required to write a three minute speech about one of the topics listed below. These are persuasive topics and your task is try and convince the audience to your point of view.
- Graffiti is art
- Pocket money should be earned
- PE should not be compulsory in schools
- My life as a fly on the wall
- If you were a superhero for one day, what would you do to impact the world?
- Write a strong opening. Before you can begin persuading your audience, you need to open the speech in a way that will make them want to pay attention. ...
- Offer persuasive evidence. ...
- Address the counter-argument (the other point of view)